About Me

My photo
I am far from perfect. I fear a lot of things; most realistic, yet all irrational because the only thing I should truly fear is God. I find myself fearing the little things and being afraid of God. I fall every day: I have cursed, I have judged, I have neglected to do God's Will, I have put my foot in my mouth countless times and I have given up. It is obvious that I cannot live life on my own. It is utterly impossible. I am dependent. I am needy. I am selfish. I am sinful. I am human.. However, the most important thing about me; I am forgiven.

2.16.2011

Valentines Day

 Filled with red roses in a bunch of 12, picnics or romantic candlelight dinners, walking on a frozen lake or sitting in front of a fire. I don’t want to forget the given and received candy conversation hearts.
At college group on Valentines Day, during worship, I had a whole bunch of candied conversation hearts in my lap. I was very distracted throughout worship. I don’t rightly know why either… but as I was sitting there, doing my best to meditate on God, I was looking at the conversation hearts and what they said.

*I love you. Meet me. Thinking of you. All mine. Ask me. Hello. True love. You are special. Be mine. *

And the neatest part was what they meant to me right then.

God was speaking to me.

He was telling me He loved me. The He was thinking of me. That I am His. That He loves me with the truest of true love. That I am special. That He wants me to accept I am His, completely. And He’s always initiating. I never have to say “Hello God” and He’ll be taken off his guard. He’s thinking of me before I even think of Him. ALWAYS. There is never a second I am ever off His mind. 


So in the end, conversation hearts, aren’t just candy, they are really God speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment