About Me

My photo
I am far from perfect. I fear a lot of things; most realistic, yet all irrational because the only thing I should truly fear is God. I find myself fearing the little things and being afraid of God. I fall every day: I have cursed, I have judged, I have neglected to do God's Will, I have put my foot in my mouth countless times and I have given up. It is obvious that I cannot live life on my own. It is utterly impossible. I am dependent. I am needy. I am selfish. I am sinful. I am human.. However, the most important thing about me; I am forgiven.

2.21.2011

Lift my spirit:daythree

Places I've been.
I haven't been to many places. And when I've traveled-traveled.. I was little, so I don't remember them all.
The top three places I really remember going to recently are all mission trips, so I'll explain what each of those places did for me.
1. Bouxli, Mississippi.
My first real missions trip. Sigh, I was thirteen. I don't remember doing much other than learning about myself during this week. I realized about friendships and what it takes to keep them going. What innocence was (now that I look back on my life). I realized that the leaders who poured into me, still pour into me and how much they really do, do for the youth. Financially, spiritually, emotionally.. everything. It's not so much that I grew then. It's how much I've grown since then. 
2. At(hot)lanta, Georgia.
Mm.. this one, I was sixteen. I realized a lot of things on this trip. I realized that a relationship is better off starting as friends. Always. Which is how and when I started my first "official" relationship. I realized that moving forward is very important, even though it is so easy to fall back into laziness and stay in a rut. That God never gives up. Ever.
3. NYC, New York.
This is the last one I've been on. It's also the most recent. I went last year. I was seventeen. I honestly don't remember much about it.. I know I learned how to get out of my shell to speak about Christ (Which is still a hard thing for me to do). I made new friends. I learned that there are more homeless around than I realize, and they look normal. They aren't the scraggily looking men with the tin cup on the corner of a street. They have lives and stories. Most are really sick and can't help themselves, true, but they are still people and need to be loved. One thing that stuck out to me was that I can make a difference. Even if It's just smiling and saying hello to a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment