About Me

My photo
I am far from perfect. I fear a lot of things; most realistic, yet all irrational because the only thing I should truly fear is God. I find myself fearing the little things and being afraid of God. I fall every day: I have cursed, I have judged, I have neglected to do God's Will, I have put my foot in my mouth countless times and I have given up. It is obvious that I cannot live life on my own. It is utterly impossible. I am dependent. I am needy. I am selfish. I am sinful. I am human.. However, the most important thing about me; I am forgiven.

7.12.2009

One chance one choice one moment.


I'm going to be blunt.


We all had a wonderful, fantastic, breathtaking, life changing, renewing, words cannot even try to describe, time in Hotlanta. Can you agree?


BUT. I've noticed that since we've gotten back, how we are in church, cause that is the only time I see pretty much all of you, we haevn't been as passionate like we were in Georgia.


I believe Og is here. That he is in the way. That he is sucking us into his bed again. Now more than ever because we just got back from a spiritual experience where we all just fall over from the force of God's glory we felt there. 


Reggie Dabbs spoke at winter fest a few years back and one thing he said that caught my attention reminds me of Og. He stated that after ever time you get up from a fall, no matter the circumstance, after Satan kicked you down.. when you get up and knock the dirt, the hurt, the tears, the pain, off of you.. Satan is right there kicking you back down before you even breath. He wants you down. He wants us not moving.


How is that helpful?


Because when you are moving forward.. every time you get up it is harder than before. Because You are moving forward, every time you feel.. so attacked.. So dead.. you are fighting for balance. But like this quote, you can't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.. if you let  it overcome you, the topsy tervie feeling, the vertigo.. you will never win. 


If you have forgotten about Og, which hopefully you haven't.. but is mentioned in Deuteronomy He is the last of the Rephaim and has a really really big bed. It was made of iron and more than 13 feet long and 6 feet wide. 


Deuteronomy 3:11.


For those of you who weren't there.. Why a bed.. Why A BIG Bed? 


The bed equals laziness. Other adjectives are rest, contentment, sluggish, slothful, inactive, and my favorite lackadaisical.


But the word that describes the bed the most accurate is inactive. That word is pretty much self explanatory. You are not active. Not moving. 


Yes, God may tell you to wait, to be still, but that doesn't mean to be inactive.


When Mark preached the other week I heard what God was telling me. Intimidation. I am intimidated speaking up here, to all of you, with your eyes watching me. I am afraid so much right now. But I don't care because this is waht God called me to do this week. Og is intimidating. I'm not running though. I'm pushing his bed over. I'm making a difference. I'm encountering change. I'm moving forward. Like we stated we would in Georgia.


Now we ask "How"? It's summer, no school, no place to witness to our friends.


There are a ton of things we can do around here. There are families who need help. There are elderly who need help. Your neighbors need help. There are single mothers who need help. There are homless people who need help. There are kids just like those in Atlanta.. HERE.. who need help.


And we don't have to wait for Brian to plan a date at a soup kitchen to make a difference. Go there yourself and sign yourself up first! Make the move and you'll be blessed. 


Elijah ran and hid. He was intimidated by the queen. How many of you are hiding? How many of you are running? I know I wasn't doing anything until God showed me that Og was here. We released Og in Atlanta! He cannot be hre. He isn't allowed. Why have we let him come back! Even though Satan keeps knocking us down.. God still has us. We just have to keep getting up. Just keep moving forward!


And then, only then, we will reach our goal. We will reach those kids again. Will we reach our church again. We will reach our friends again. We will reach Revival.


Like this


"We are trying to get a free tee shirt. Pushing and bumping into everyone.. but we keep working. We want that tee shirt so badly. So we keep reaching and reaching.. and finally, out of all those peole, we get it."



Are you going to reach with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment